PSY’s “GANGNAM STYLE” is a song that needs no introduction. It was a global phenomenon that took the world by storm in 2012, and its music video is still one of the most viewed on YouTube. The song is a catchy, upbeat dance track that is both fun and infectious. The music video is equally as entertaining, with PSY’s signature horse dance and over-the-top visuals.
The song was a huge success in South Korea, where it topped the charts for weeks on end. It also became a hit in other parts of Asia, and eventually made its way to the United States. In the U.S., “GANGNAM STYLE” reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and it was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Music Video.
The song’s success helped to introduce K-pop to a wider audience, and it is still one of the most popular K-pop songs of all time. “GANGNAM STYLE” is a cultural phenomenon that has had a lasting impact on the world of music.
Here are some fun facts about the song and its music video:
- The song’s title, “GANGNAM STYLE,” refers to the Gangnam district of Seoul, South Korea. Gangnam is a wealthy and trendy area, and the song is a satirical look at the lifestyle of its residents.
- The song’s music video was directed by Cho Soo-hyun. The video features PSY dancing and rapping in a variety of locations, including a horse stable, a pool, and a rooftop. The video is full of over-the-top visuals, including Psy’s signature horse dance and a cameo appearance by Snoop Dogg.
- The song was released on July 15, 2012. It quickly became a hit in South Korea, and it soon spread to other parts of Asia. In the United States, the song reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- The song was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Music Video. It lost to “We Are Young” by Fun. and Janelle Monáe.
- The song’s music video has been viewed over 4.4 billion times on YouTube. It is the most viewed music video on YouTube, and it is the seventh most viewed video of all time on YouTube.
- The song’s success helped to introduce K-pop to a wider audience. K-pop is a genre of music that originated in South Korea. It is a mix of pop, dance, and electronic music. K-pop has become increasingly popular in recent years, and it is now a global phenomenon.
- “GANGNAM STYLE” is a cultural phenomenon that has had a lasting impact on the world of music. It is a catchy, upbeat dance track that is both fun and infectious. The song’s music video is also entertaining, with PSY’s signature horse dance and over-the-top visuals. “GANGNAM STYLE” is a song that will continue to be enjoyed by people of all ages for years to come.
The music video for “GANGNAM STYLE” was the first YouTube video to reach one billion views. It has since been viewed over 4.4 billion times, making it the most viewed music video on YouTube.
About the Artist
PSY, also known as Park Jae-sang, is a South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, and dancer. He was born on December 31, 1977 in Seoul, South Korea. He is best known for his hit song “Gangnam Style”, which became a global phenomenon in 2012.
PSY has released seven studio albums and has won numerous awards, including a Grammy Award nomination. He is known for his catchy songs, his humorous music videos, and his energetic live performances. PSY is one of the most popular and successful K-pop artists in the world.